And the Pantone colour of 2013 is: Emerald! Some colour for your evening…
What better way to begin a colour inspiration post of Pantone’s colour of the year than by featuring a shot of the Emerald City?! Did you get to see Oz the Great and Powerful? I quite liked the look and feel of the visuals. It was vibrant, rich, and fantastical with a hint of the exotic. But let’s look beyond the Emerald City and explore it’s colour namesake.
Some descriptive words from Pantone on this year’s feature colour, Emerald: harmonious, rejuvenating, lush, powerful, striking, multifaceted, energizing, balanced, luminous, healing, inspiring… Yes. Definitely inspiring.
Some luxurious emerald for your evening…
1. Emerald accents for the room will add a luscious pop of jewel tones to your decor.
2. Gorgeous illustration by the talented Sunny Gu.
3. Great eyeshadow work using a bright colour. It can be scary trying to figure out to apply it without going overboard!
4. Emerald themed wedding; what a sweet idea to wear the wedding motif for the engagement party!
5. That is the most beautiful emerald crochet (or is that lace) top!
6. Emerald satin heel with black ribbon and beading details from this year’s New York Fashion Week, Spring 2013. I like how bold it is when so many designers use the typical florals and pastels!
7. Love the colour of this metal doorway. There’s so much depth for an industrial material.
8. Green sails for your ship? Because we all have one of those right 😉
9. Keira Knightley’s emerald gown from the film, ‘Atonement,’ designed by Jacqueline Durran and said to be one of the most beautiful film costumes ever!
(Feature image via CoCreate)